Rethymno is the Cretan picturesque city where tradition is still present in everyday life and in the island’s rich local culture.
Rethymno, as the whole Crete, has an amazing variety of flora, which is directly linked to the climate and geomorphology of the place. This can be explained by the geological isolation of the island, which has facilitated the development of local species since ancient times. From an estimated number of 2000 species of plants, 160 are endemic and grow exclusively on the island.
Rethymno is a perfect getaway destination, a charming home-away-from-home
Join a sea turtle walk in Rethymno and enjoy a lifetime experience.
Museum of Ancient Eleutherna opens doors for celebrations with two spectacular events since its opening 6 years ago.
Yakinthia is a cultural festival that takes place in Anogeia July 22-28 2022.
Amari Green Festival - Η μεγάλη γιορτή του κρητικού πολιτισμού επιστρέφει
The 2022 turtle nesting season is underway, with nests already registered on the beaches of Rethymno.
Throughout the years Rethymno Department of Tourism gives youth access to tourism projects connecting local and foreign teens with the destination and giving them practicing and learning skills.
Cycling, and Discover Rethymno in a fun and exciting way
Rethymno, for all the measures that have been taken for the safety of the citizens and visitors on its charming streets, has been chosen for the 2021 EU Urban Road Safety award.
- Ski holidays on the island of Crete
- Rethymno offers rich gastronomic experiences this season
- Christmas season 2021
- Rethymno is among the Bikeable Cities
- Golden Age Gym Festival
- Rethymno, a feast of fall colors and tastes
- Turtle hatching happening in Rethymno
- Travel Planner App
- Culinary delights at Cretan Gastronomy Center Rethymno
- Top 5 on your bucket list in Rethymno
- International Festival of Percussion in Rethymno
- World Environment Day 2021
- Rethymno hotels are ready to reopen
- bike –friendly city
- SPRING IN RETHYMNO
- CRETAN DIET AND FASTING
- Preveli Beach among Europe's top romantic destinations for 2021
- Rethymno - a winter paradise for exploring the great outdoors
- Travel in time through the fossil findings of Rethymno
- Outdoor adventures in Rethymno